WHITE HEAVEN WOMEN -"What am I to do? People will shun me...."



A short excerpt from "White Heaven Women" available on Amazon in Kindle and Paperback formats -  Amazon Prime members can borrow this e-book for free!


Lillian picked up a small ragged book and held it high for people to see. Everyone stretched their necks to get a better view and to take more photographs.

She placed the scruffy looking diary back onto the podium, opened its wrinkled yellow pages and spoke to the crowd. “This attention-grabbing account begins in the Whitehaven township in 1899 with these words: 'Dear diary, my mother does not know what father is doing to me each night. I’m only fourteen years of age and he hath made me with child. If I tell mamma, whatever will she say? What am I to do? People will shun me.' ”

The room fell into a tomblike silence....






Createspace:- https://www.createspace.com/3966486
Amazon US:- http://www.amazon.com/White-Heaven-Women-ebook/dp/B008SDDGV6
Amazon UK:-http://www.amazon.co.uk/White-Heaven-Women-ebook/dp/B008SDDGV6


5 Star Review   
5.0 out of 5 5 Starstars
5 Star Amazon Review by Shirley Lessard - Reader

"One of the best books I have read in a very long time. Jessie has the talent to reach deep inside the reader and allows the reader to open up their minds to a world that is not easy to understand or believe. Her ability to create a story line involving characters whom the reader can feel so connected to and Jessie's writing talent that touches the deep emotions inside her readers are well beyond most books sold on Amazon today. At around the 97% mark of this book, I found myself surprisingly feeling tears running down my face. I am not an easy person to reach, but Jessie, well done you did it!!! I am confident this writer will some day be on the Best Seller's List. She is already at the top of the list as far as I am concerned. Get that next book out there, my housework can wait!!" 

Listen to my Amazon Bio



.



No comments: